Philosophy of Care
My approach is holistic and views the mind, body and spirit as interconnected. I enjoy working with individuals, athletes and groups to examine patterns and habits that keep them stuck, and support them in optimizing the best version of themselves. Rewiring our brains to let go of programming that doesn't serve us is important if our goal is to achieve mental wellness.
I have worked with many individuals and have helped them navigate anxiety, relationship conflict, and have helped them dispell limiting beliefs. I work to empower individuals to heal from the physical, mental and emotional distress that keeps them feeling stuck. I utilize a solution focused and mindfulness-based approach to empower individuals to thrive and successfully transition into a space of clarity and mental wellness.
I offer support to individuals experiencing trauma, self-esteem issues, transition, anxiety, depression and other circumstances that weigh us down. I am interested in helping individuals grow, thrive and obtain a higher level of awareness that is within them, and would be honored to be a part of your journey toward optimizing your mental wellness.
Education and Licensure
- MS Sports Psychology
- MA Refugee Studies and Community Development
- BA Psychology and minor in Social Work
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor Associate (LMHCA)
- Certified EMDR practitioner
- Certified in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Certified Sports Psychology Coach (CSPC)
- Trained in Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200)
Specialties and Modalities
- Coping Skills
- Sports Performance
- Emotional Regulation
- Family Conflict
- Life Coaching
- Life Transitions
- Peer Relationships
- Relationship Issues
- School Issues
- Self Esteem
- Trauma and PTSD
- Women's Issues
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Positive Psychology
- Sports Performance Enhancement
Carrie works remotely and works together via Telehealth.